All versionsSee all
How did scientists figure out the structure of atoms without looking at them? Try out different models by shooting light at the atom. Check how the prediction of the model matches the experimental results.
The sample Learning Goals are:
- Visualize different models of the hydrogen atom.
- Explain what experimental predictions each model makes.
- Explain why people believed in each model and why each historical model was inadequate.
- Explain the relationship between the physical picture of the orbits and the energy level diagram of an electron.
- Engage in model building.